Sunday, August 22, 2010

Anyone sold for sale by owner before?

I was going to list the house on for sale by owner till february when we are really having to sell and then if it had not sold list it through my local realtor. What do I need to do this? I was going to list on forsalebyowner.com and was going to consult an attorney also I was going to offer a 3 percent commission. I just dont want it listed on mls all that time and also want to see if it will sell, I will be getting an appraisal done, and listing below market value.Anyone sold for sale by owner before?
Get an Agent, if you are going to offer 3% then in this market of today get an agent you will need every advantage you can get.





Be prepared for anyone to trapse through the house and want to do so at every hour of the day and night. Be prepared for people who could not qulaify to buy a sandwich to waste your time and even take the house off the market for months and you still do not get a sell. Be prepared to say ';no'; thousands of time to the question ';will you finance it for me'; which simply means ';my credit is so lousy I can't buy a sandwich, I want to come in and trash your property so you will have to redo the entire inside before you can sell it';.





If you hold open houses you will get nothing but lookers who aren't prequalified and then ....well just start reaidn my reply all over again.





Get the points, a real estate agent will negate most of these and a host of other problems along the line. MANY times the agent more than pays for themselves in mistake YOU will make along the way. Do you know what contingencies are and how to make them work to your advantage?





I am curious about 1 thing why don't you want it listed in the MLS???Anyone sold for sale by owner before?
try buyowner.com you give them a set fee when sold, and they provide everything needed, plus your listed in the mls..which is good to reach buyers nationwide. if you decide to just place local ads, allow a realtor 3% IF they bring you a buyer. if you need to reach those that cant be approved for a mortgage... you could always do a lease-purchase ..or rent it, until your market picks up again. Theres always the option to sell to an investor..but you will have to give up the equity..meaning..the sale price most likely will be what you owe on the loan.


consult a R.E attorney, you have lots of options.


good luck!!
Ive done it twice before and sold in a weekend but that was quite a different time in the real estate market. Put ads in your local papers, have open houses every weekend and advertise them, and see how you do. You can always get a realtor later if youre not doing well on your own, but no reason not to try yourself first to save the commission.
I know 10 people who have done this with the present market , all 10 lost money , the least amount lost was 30 k this is a bad time for selling , and it does not look good anytime soon , You will have to eat the commission , and maybe pay the closing plus the loss , unless you find a sucker , I have been buying property here , but due to the market I am getting them dirt cheap , I do not feel bad about it , I did not make them live beyond their means One dummy paid 130 k for her house on her credit cards to avoid the variable interest rate increase , her APR on the card was 4% , I bought the place for 65k cash , she had to take it to avoid bankruptsey because her job requires her to maintain good credit , so she lost half on the house , I have been racking up land too for pennies on the dollar , All of these people with a degree saying the market will bounce back , it will but no time soon greed has corrupted the market , and too many people got their hands in the profit jar , we have not seen nothing yet , Market value means nothing today , because the greed has over inflated the market values , I am not buying all this land for profit , I am building houses on it to give to my kids so they will not have the burden of a mortgage when they start out . I wish you the best , but be ready for a possible loss.
For Sale By Owner (FSBO) usually attracts the bargain hunters and will usually ALWAYS offer and sell for up to 16% LESS than with a Realtor.





If you really do need to sell, use a Realtor. It will make your life so much easier. Showing your home, advertising, answering calls about info etc. is very time consuming. I tried to sell one of my homes by owner - because I really did think that if I offered my house for less than others - I would sell FAST.





Well, I did sell AFTER I listed with a Realtor and got above what I was originally asking FSBO. I was never inconvenienced - the Realtor took care of all the details.





Only thing I can say, is ask yoursefl WHY you do not want to use a Realtor. If you think you will save money, that is NOT necessarily valid. What is your time and energy worth to you? Homes priced right, exposed in MLS, and show good - sell. (in any market) not in 3 days but you get the idea.





Good Luck with your decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment