Thursday, August 19, 2010

Has anyone ever sold their home FSBO (For Sale By Owner) when they live elsewhere?

I have a condo in Atlanta that I'm desperate to sell. I had to take a job a couple of years ago in a different city, and I'm currently renting it out, but the rental income is less than the amount I pay monthly, so it's not working as an investment. Because of the value of the property, I stand to lose money in the sale, so for that reason, would I be better off selling it FSBO instead of an agent, even though I now live out of state? Walking away, breaking even, would be wonderful!Has anyone ever sold their home FSBO (For Sale By Owner) when they live elsewhere?
If you are trying to save money by selling it FSBO, have you tried a company like Assist-2-Sell? They are a full service real estate company the only difference is that you don't have all the Realtor fees. So you will still have someone to go over the paperwork and show your home the same as any other Realtor go to. Go check it out. Try Assist2sell.com good luck!!Has anyone ever sold their home FSBO (For Sale By Owner) when they live elsewhere?
Have you considered the logistics of selling it from out of state? There will be expenses to advertise, you will get less advertising ';bang for the buck'; than a Realtor would, how will you show the property?, how will you negotiate a contract from out of state and how will you be able to qualify a buyer that comes through? Almost every state has a law that nobody can help you in any way with the sale of your home unless they are a license real estate agent. That eliminates friends and family showing the property. Many people have had one property in their life where they have lost some money. Hire the agent and get it over with so you don't lose any more.
i tried it and it was horrible. i was told in confidence that realtors will not do business with fsbo's and so my homne was not being promoted by the buyers...they will deny it, but it is true
Hi I am an agent of over 20 years and here is my opinion. What we have found is when someone is fsbo in this market they never sell. I mean, I have never seen one sell in this market. About 10 months ago anybody could sell anything it was so easy.





Now it's a whole new ball game. But you might get a kick out of this and this is the truth, my Dad and Mom and I are all real estate agents. We have been selling property, me for over 20 years my dad %26amp; mom over 30 years.





Well, heres the story. Every neighborhood ';including yours'; has a real estate agent where the guy or gal specializes in that area. You want to find that agent. A rule of thumb is the person that you see the most around there is the best agent.





When you drive into your area where your condo is at look who is the agent for that area and thats the guy or gal that will get it done for you.





Case in point, even my dad who is an awesome Broker, listed his very own house with an agent who specializes in his area.





My dad is paying them a full commission and everything.





The reason is that its very wise for my dad to do so. He is going to get more money out of it then if he sold it himself as ';that area'; he doesn't specialize in.





For example in the area out here in California where I specialize in, we see our clients gain 5% to 10% more net income into their pockets then when they list with agents out of the area.





The other agents either list it too low so the sellers end up giving it away or they list it to high and it sits and sits and then after the listing expires we come and tell them the truth what its worth.





Now we have a site so you know for sure without talking to an agent at all, what your place is worth. I know an awesome agent that specializes in condos in Atlanta and if you go to my site and need their info I'll email it to you and it wouldn't hurt finding out what they will do for you, no obligation of course.





In the meantime go to my site and click on PROPERTY RESEARCH when there. It will show what properties are selling for like yours. You can see the condo address and photos etc..





If you want a contact of someone you can chat to on the phone I'll point you in the right place where you can chat with a good agent that most importantly *specializes in your area.





Most folks now are breaking even or walking away but you are better off to come out with something and save your credit then to walk away any day.





These folks will be honest with you and tell you the truth but email me if you want and you can get info all through email.





Other than that, take care, good luck and DON'T WORRY...our health is always most important. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment