Saturday, July 10, 2010

I'm thinking of selling my house as a 'for sale by owner'. Can you share any experiences, good or bad?

I'm thinking about trying http://www.progressivehomesellers.com/


For $2500 they handle all the paperwork, advertising, MLS listing, etc...I'm thinking of selling my house as a 'for sale by owner'. Can you share any experiences, good or bad?
Most buyers expect you to discount the price if you don't use a broker. so what is the down side of using a broker?I'm thinking of selling my house as a 'for sale by owner'. Can you share any experiences, good or bad?
One time I was roller skating and I fell down and cracked my tailbone.





It was a bad experience.





I don't see what this has to do with houses though
The advantage of using an agent is much better advertising to get your house sold quicker. An agent will get it listed on the FMLS website were other buyers can see it (this is a nationwide website were all houses on the market are listed and real estate agents go to search). An agent is constantly networking with people so your house info goes around quicker. Plus an agent will negotiate better for you and also give you tips on what to modify in the house for it to sell higher/quicker. You'll be suprised the little things that can put off potential buyers.
Fsbo's or ';for sale by owner'; usually means one of two things: the price is too high or the price is too low. Either way, you lose. When the price is too high your property does not sell. When the price is too low, well, you lose. I have not tried a discount realty office to sell property but it may be worth a try. Find out if people you know can recommend this realty business. If not this one, then maybe another one. Be sure whomever you decide to use that they prequalify potential buyers so you don't waste your time showing your home to people that can't buy it. (or if the realty business does not offer this service then you will have to do it yourself) As I said I have not used one but check out everything and compare to a full service realtor to see which is best for you.
From what I was reading on progressive homesellers site, it doesn't sound like a ';for sale by owner deal'; to me. It just sounds like a real estate agent taking a cut off their commission.
Just be prepared for 1001 real estate agents to contact you asking for an exclusive or open listing on your property!
I have to tell you my experience. I tried to sell my house. I was call and made an time for the couple to look at the house. They were very nice, and loved the house. Told me to call them in a week so they could start the finance procedure. I called, the lady that answered the phone didn't know anything about buying a house. I reminded her that they have looked at the house a week ago. It was her and her husband. I called her and her husband's names. She went crazy! Come to find out it was her husband, but not her. It was that woman he was seeing. She threaten to come and see me. I was so scared, I told her she should speak with her man. Need less to say I got a Realtor quick
hmm, good question, where about do you live? Gotta fix up the house first, i assume u know that much, Ive had many experiences, not sure where to start, be a lil more specific, ill get back to ya

No comments:

Post a Comment