Friday, July 16, 2010

Who makes the contract and closes on for sale by owner property (no real estate agents)?

I am thinking of selling a house to my cousin. There seems to be no reason to involve a real estate agent for this. What agencies would I as the seller need to contact to conduct the sale. The ones I'm thinking of off the top of my head are title company and some form of contract lawyer.





any help is appreciated.Who makes the contract and closes on for sale by owner property (no real estate agents)?
Get a real estate attorney or a real estate agent that will work for a reduced fee. Being family is even more reason to get it done right.Who makes the contract and closes on for sale by owner property (no real estate agents)?
When I found a buyer for land, I just used a real estate attorney to handle the details of the sale (I bought title insurance for the buyer myself). A title company could also handle it. No real need for a real estate agent if you already have a buyer, but as mentioned, you want to make sure that everything is done correctly.
Some states require an attorney, so you'd use a real estate attorney, in other states you may use a title company, that's the easiest, safest and most cost effective way.
Whether or not real estate agents, attorneys, etc. are involved, the ESCROW DOCUMENTS ARE THE AGREEMENT.
  • eye liner
  • rimmel
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment