Friday, July 16, 2010

I need help with For Sale By Owner process?

hi. i am underwater on my mortgage and need to sell my condo. i am going to use a flat fee MLS listing and pay the buyers agent to reduce my costs. i have owned and sold another condo in the past so i am somewhat familar with the process. however, i want to correspond with someone who knows the process so I am more clear on the steps, exchanges of paperwork, etc. can anyone help?I need help with For Sale By Owner process?
There are some flat fee services that claim they will also help you with this. This would vary by state and also vary depending on the type of offer. You would want to be very careful and understand what you are agreeing to so that you don't lose more than you are trying to save.





If you have assets then I guess you are not eligible for a short sale- but if you have no real assets that the mortgage company could come after then you might could get them to agree to a short sale. That is where the mortgage company agrees to settle for less than a full payoff. If you are going to try for this you will desperately need the help of a full service agent (and the reduction in payoff will take that commission into account if paid- so you don't save anything by trying to go it alone).I need help with For Sale By Owner process?
The buyers agent should be able to handle all the paperwork for you, even if you find the buyer, pay the agent for handling all the paperwork and legalities. It will be well worth the money.





Selling a home can get very legally complicated. Alot more complicated than say, selling a car. Many legalities that need to be in order to protect you and the buyer.





Ask the ';buyers agent'; you are working with.
I do mortgage loans and work with alot of FSBO clients. Feel free to email me any questions- I will help if I can. Also the buyers agent should be able to be of assistance. Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment