Friday, July 16, 2010

Would you consider selling your home ';for sale by owner';?

In these days, if you had to sell your home or condo, would you consider selling it on your own?


On the flip side, would you prefer to do a private sale through the owner without the input of an agent?Would you consider selling your home ';for sale by owner';?
The home I live in now was sold by owner. It was still expensive as I had to get an attorney knowledgeable in estate sales. But it was worth it as the daughter who was not the Administrator of the estate was a real pain in the you-know-where.





I would really have to research selling by myself so that I could sell my home properly if I was to decided to sell it. I saw too many problems, when I worked, of 'sale by owner' sales that came back to bite the seller because the sale contract didn't cover everything.





I would have to research any agents before deciding to go that route.Would you consider selling your home ';for sale by owner';?
yes, to both!





As a seller you are stuck paying commission to your agent, therefor by selling yourself you are able to avoid that. Make sure you have a lawyer that will review documents for you.





As a buyer, although you do not have realtor related fees, yes you might be able to negotiate better without a realtor, especially if it is an intermediary realtor. Make sure you have a lawyer that will review documents for you.
I would prefer that a professional handle the details. I would definitely bargain with the Realtor and agree to perhaps three per cent and on a sliding scale if the Realtor sold it for above my price. They are guilty of taking orders and rarely SELL a home. They show homes and take orders. They know very little when it comes to closing a sale. Their idea of closing is when the papers are signed.
to tell you the truth i bought a house 2 years ago and recently just sold it a week ago it was way easier then having a realtor do it trust me. It sold quick too in less then 1 week it was sold. and it was easy too all you do is buy a board that says for sale by owner and put your name and phone number on it.. you can get this at lowes... home depot.. or any store of that sort. and watch in days youll be getting a lot of calls... good luck
Yes, and I have.


Why pay somebody to do something you can do yourself.


After you sell it you can do the closing in a professional abstract office, etc. and they will handle all the legal details.





On the flip side(the side of the buyer)


The real estate agent works for the seller, not the buyer, so unless I had my own agent I would rather do without one.
I would by all means sell my own home. The one and only time we used a realtor it was obvious that he didn't care about us, only his 7%. I feel that if you are outgoing by nature and believe in the product your selling, why would you turn that ability over to a stranger? Who knows your property better than you do. There are so many ways now days to market your home. The internet is a great tool and it kills realtors that we ';dummies'; are cutting them out.;-)


Good question!
No I guess it's because I'm a Real Estate agent. I know it can really be challenging. You really need to know how much it's really worth.


I couldn't dream of selling my house too cheap. If a house sold in less than a week I would be afraid it was too cheap. Make an agent work hard. That's why we get paid.


If it stays on the market 4 months and hasn't sold reduce the price a little. A house is an investment that people pay entirely too much to lose.


I need my money, times are hard. Get all you can.


My daughter was gonna sell her house and I told her it was worth much more. She sold it for more than she was going to. She got several thousand more than what she originally wanted. It stayed on the market less than 6 months; thats about right.
Well the whole system may be different here in New Zealand. I believe in some countries the Agent actually works for the person who hires him but not so here. I have had such bad experience with Realtors here that I would never use one again if I could possibly avoid it.


My daughter had a house on the market on and off for two years through an Agent. They kept telling her she would have to put the price down, down, down. It was already less than she paid for it. Eventually she put it on the market herself and sold it the first week at more than the agents suggestion which would have included their commission!.
I tried to ';FSBO';, but because I lived so rural, it was a waste of time.


And dangerous.


I had people knocking on my door, at all hours, day and night. without calling (even though my phone number and a ';DO NOT DISTURB'; sign was out in front. Once, I even had to answer the doorbell with a loaded gun in my hand.





After several months (FSBO), I realized that my ';message'; wasn't getting out there, so I RELUCTANTLY signed with a local RE company.


(their name ? 100year21)


WHAT A WASTE OF TIME !!


They were a greedy, cheating bunch of fool's, and my agent was a complete IDIOT !


NEVER AGAIN, will I use that, or any RE company !


(They refused to advertise my property OUTSIDE of that little one horse town, with theironce a month newspaper.


(I had to pay out of my pocket to advertise outside of their hick community.)


AND, when my home DID recieve an offer (from a competitive RE agent, in another town), my ';agent'; (joke) refused to submit it to me for several days, because she didn't want to split the commission.


I was livid and headed for an attorney's office to sue her's, and their @ss'es off.)





If you KISS (keep it short and simple),i'ts pretty easy to FSBO.


Go through a reputable Escrow (title) company that's been in business for some time. They will walk you through the paper trail, with no ';hidden agenda';, such as ';gouging you'; (Both the buyer and seller, pay for their services)





Write EVERYTHING DOWN !


Algreements are only as good as the paper they're written on. You can get all the legal documents at any stationery store, like Office Depot, or Office Max.





If you decide to go with a RE company, I suggest that you NEVER SIGN a contract for more than 90 days.


If they cant sell it in that time, then try someone else,


and IF IT'S PRICED RIGHT, IT WILL SELL !





Just don't get your hopes up when the first (so called) buyer, shows up and starts talking all kinds of ';smack'; about how they JUST'; LOVE'; the place, and can pay what your asking.


(Remember, ';MONEY TALKS, BULLSH!T WALKS';, and BullSh!t only make's the roses grow tall.)
I have sold 2 houses through a Realtor who is a friend of mine, there is a lot of legal paper work that has to be done.


A close family member did sell a house on their own though but they needed a attorney present at the time.
Absolutely! Just think about the 7% or more that you pay someone to do the job.


$100,000.00 = $7,000.00 in their pocket.


That's a corner you can cut, make sure you get a laywer for the transaction.
Sell it on your own. If you are not sure let a real estate agent come in and ask what it would be worth and then don't sign an agreement then you could sell it for less.
input from agents cost money. You can post it in all the newspaper classifieds and on sites and be doing the same thing they are. why pay for something that you can do.
There is a whole lot of advertising and paperwork that has to be done. Agents know how to do these things, I don't. I'd rather have the agent walk me thru all that.
I sold 2 houses and a bar on my own. Just have your lawyer do the deeds and paper work. it is a lot cheaper,f you have a little extra time to wait maybe a little longer.
I have done it 3 times so far. Of course it helped that I was a realtor. Not licensed, when I sold them, tho. But I did know the ';ins and outs'; of the way to do it.
I would consider selling by owner. I have both bought and sold homes by owner in the past and it worked out well for me.
Realtors don't care if they sell YOUR house; they only want to sell A house.
Yes, I've done it at least three times in my life. Right now, if I had lost equity, I wouldn't try to sell it at all.
I would sale it myself.
I would try it first.
no no-one would buy it
No, not ready to FSBO. I just moved into my place a year ago.
have a place do it they advertise

No comments:

Post a Comment