Thursday, August 19, 2010

Any ideas on ';For Sale By Owner';? I want to sell my townhome.?

I'm in California, so it may be different where you live.


I ALWAYS do FSBO.


I buy, remodel and resell homes for my living, and it just seemed like a waste of $$ to have an agent do the marketing and advertising, etc. I'm smart, I figured out how to do it myself and saved the $$.


The longest I've had a home on the market is 2 weeks, so I must be doing something right!


A couple of tips:


NEVER run out of flyers in the box in front of your house.


ALWAYS have open houses on Sunday.


LOTS of signs on open house day. (at the entrances to the subdivision, at both ends of the street, etc)


Pick up flyers in your neighborhood to know what the pros are using as selling tips for their houses.


Use a bullet format in your flyer.


Some buyers will have an agent that will want you to pay part of the fee. Just hold your ground and refuse. The buyers know going in that they have to pay a fee.


Hope this helps!Any ideas on ';For Sale By Owner';? I want to sell my townhome.?
Make sure you have some fliers listing the good points and some photos too. Look for people who are pre-qualified and do showings at your convenience. Keep the place clean, tidy and looking good. How about info. regarding local schools, shopping, business. You might attract someone from out of town. Find a website for FSBO sales. Newspaper ads, etc won't hurt either. Get a seller disclosure statement, if needed and have that ready for potential buyers/agents (some states require these). Have a recent appraisal also. Find a local real estate attorney who can handle the transaction finalities for a set fee.


Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment