Thursday, August 19, 2010

In USA, when I sell home myself, just like For Sale by Owner, should I notify the municipal office ?

Or should I say, whta are the steps to be done to make it listed or legally for sale?In USA, when I sell home myself, just like For Sale by Owner, should I notify the municipal office ?
You don't need to notify formally anybody. At the time of closing, your lawyer and the buyer's lawyer will fill out all the paperwork needed. A formal title search will be conducted (by the buyer). All you have to do is to make sure you have paid all dues (home owners association, pending water/electric bills and any taxes to your town).In USA, when I sell home myself, just like For Sale by Owner, should I notify the municipal office ?
Make sure that the municipality will be notified by your lawyer. It's important to be sure that you will not be responsibile for paying real estate taxes on the property, after adjustments are made at the closing.





Hope that helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment