Thursday, August 19, 2010

I'm making an offer on a for sale by owner home. The owner has already moved out and I am ready to move in.

What should I list as the closing date? I have been pre-approved for the loan, but need to finish the loan process and the home needs to be appraised and inspected. I want to give myself enough time to finish what needs to be done, but not too much time where the seller may want to back out. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!I'm making an offer on a for sale by owner home. The owner has already moved out and I am ready to move in.
Most sellers are suppose to allow at least thirty days to get the loan closed. So your closing date should be thirty days from the day you sign the sales contract, but some times the loan process exceeds the thirty days in which depending on how long the house has been on the market and how bad the sellers are trying to get rid of it most sellers will allow an extention on the contract to give you more time. Good luck!I'm making an offer on a for sale by owner home. The owner has already moved out and I am ready to move in.
Thirty days is a normal amount of time for closing. That should allow all the paperwork to be done and an appraisal done for the lender. Good luck.
usually 30 days is the norm, however your lender may need more OR less time. You should check with them and base it on what the lender indicates to you.
The closing date is the date that you and the seller agree upon - the day you hand them a check, and they hand you the keys.

No comments:

Post a Comment