Thursday, August 19, 2010

How to sell my home as a for sale by owner.?

3 bedrooms, 1 bath, large kitchen, livingroom, extra large yard, window airconditionerHow to sell my home as a for sale by owner.?
Do what a Realtor would do, market the property.





But, remember safety first.





In my estimation, none of the FSBO have a strong market share or have had good results. I would not spend a lot of effort on these sites.





Price is king, so in these markets, to have any degree of success, you have to price accordingly.





I always tell people interested in FSBO, try it themselves, then call me when they are serious about selling. Over 85% of RE transactions in the US are conducted by Realtors. Many folks consider this a much to litigious and important transaction to try on their own. I spend a fair amount of time in Y!A and I can attest that almost every time I come here, I answer a FSBO gone wrong question.How to sell my home as a for sale by owner.?
The best way to sale a house is to make sure that it is priced right. One thing I do when selling homes is to underprice them. If your house is well kept and attractive, you will have no trouble selling it, if you price it right. For example, if your house is worth $300,000 offer it for $250,000. Hold it open one weekend, but be sure that you run and ad on the paper to attract buyers. Put a stake infront of the house with a FOR SALE BY OWNER sign from Home Depot (cost is about $5). On the sign write,3 bd., 1 bth, $250,000. You want every one to know that you're asking $250,000 for it. On the same steak, put an OPEN HOUSE sign (home depot $5) and write in with a marker Sat- Sun 12:00 to 4:00 PM. Put the sign on Monday for every one to see.





On Sat. and Sun. go out to the major intersections withing a mile all aroun your house and put OPEN HOUSE signs (just like a realtor would do). Put many ballons around your house to attract attention, and watch them come.





If your house is nice you will have multiple offers. Most buyers will ask you what your highes offer is, and will offer more.





Give it a shot, you'll see. I'm a RE agent and this is the strategy I use to sell my clien's houses.
Put it in the paper (if there's some sizzle, sell that, not the steak - if you don't understand that, email me), put up a For Sale sign and give as many agents as will take it a non-exclusive contract. (Most won't, some will.) Also get familiar with http://www.fsbo.com/ (you're a fsbo - pronounced fizbo - for sale by owner).
You will not have much luck unless it is on MLS. www.iggyshouse.com will put it on for free. You need to put ';brokers protected'; so an agent will also try to sell it - you will have to pay commission but selling faster saves you house payments, so you still come out ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment