Thursday, August 19, 2010

How do you list your house for sale by owner?

I am a Realtor in Oregon and Washington. I started in the business in 1986. I take 15 clock hours of continuing education per year for each state. Even yesterday, I asked my colleagues about something I hadn't run across before.





Sure, you want to save the commission. I don't blame you. But mistakes are expensive.





Two weeks ago I listed a condo for sale. The day after my sign went up, another went up 'By Owner.' Three days later, mine was sold, but I had two buyers left over.





I called the 'By Owner' guy to see if he had sold yet and he was excited because he had sold his, too. My customer sold his condo for $130,000 (1,000 over full price) and paid a $6,500 commission. His net will be about $123,500.





The By Owner? He sold his for $115,000! He saved the commission but it cost him $15,000! He could have sold for $130,000!





It was as if he had sold the condo and paid a 11.5% commission!





Here's a link to the one I sold: http://www.rmlsweb.com/Reports.asp?CMAID鈥?/a>


You can click on the address and get a pop-up map of the location.





Go with a Realtor, Please?





If you want, I can refer you to an experienced, full time agent in your hometown that I will personally interview.





You can contact me toll free or by email.





Best wishes,





Leigh M


Portland


http://www.LeighMaynard.comHow do you list your house for sale by owner?
Yep. Same answer here. You'll save a commission, but you'll either get way less than you could with an agent, or you'll keep it on the market forever and eventually hire an agent, losing all that time and money you were paying your mortgage. Happens every time.





Plus, do you know how to handle counter offers, inspections, disclosure....on and on and on. There's a lot of work that goes into a sale. It's not just putting a sign in the yard. FSBOs are stuck with all the work themselves and usually miss or mess up something.





This is a legal transaction for a large amount of money. You wouldn't go to court without a lawyer and expect to be successful.How do you list your house for sale by owner?
for sale by owner
Buy a for sale sign %26amp; put your phone number. Advertise your home in the newspapers. Make flyers to put out in a tube on your for sale sign so potential buyers can drive by %26amp; grab info to take home to show spouse. Be prepared to deal with difficult buyers %26amp; to drop everything at the drop of a hat to go %26amp; show your house to people who drive by it %26amp; want to see it right then! You still won't have the xpsoure of being listed in the Multiple listing service. If you want that you can pay 4% with byowner.com or network %26amp; bring more buyers. I personally would not want to deal with all this %26amp; spend my wknds having open houses %26amp; what not- I would recommend hiring a professional - you can always negociat eono the commission.

No comments:

Post a Comment