Thursday, August 19, 2010

Doing a for sale by owner in Grant, AL?

I am selling my home in Grant, AL and want to avoid realtor fees. Any ideas on inexpensive ways that I can market the house? I have already done the sign with a flyer and advertised in 2 local papers. The flyer refers them to my website (http://www.goodsonsoldtimemedia.com/hous鈥?/a> if you're interested) for additional pictures and a description. Open houses don't do well here because of the size of the community. It is a pretty rural area, which makes it more of a challenge to market it. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I am willing to give a commission if a realtor refers someone to my property, but am not willing to pay anymore than 2 to 2/12%. Thanks.Doing a for sale by owner in Grant, AL?
Good luck to you in the sale of your home. Before I was a realtor, I too sold a home by myself and refused to pay a realtor to bring the buyer, I even turned away a buyer brought by a realtor because of the fees. I too thought I knew it all and wouldn't listen because I wanted all the profit for my next purchase. This was 10 years ago and the world was different then. Nothing wrong with that, I took a risk! The nation was built on risk takers, right! WRONG WRONG WRONG. I now know to much more about real estate transactions and in retrospect I was stupid. I admit it. I didn't net more by doing it alone. I was too emotionally involved. I made bad choices. I risked the greatest asset I have. My home. Luckily there were no problems, but so many of us are just moving through life in a 35mph zone at 50mph, hoping nothing happens to us. There are a couple of statements I have heard that sums it up. ';If you had a legal matter that threatened your freedom, would you hire a lawyer or defend yourself?'; ';If you had a treatable illness would you go to a doctor, or treat it yourself?'; ';if you won a million dollars in the lottery, would you manage it yourself?'; Doubtful you would do any of the above by yourself. I'm here to tell you what you need to hear. Not what you want to hear. Studies have proven that a realtor can and will net you 13% more on the sale of your home. No realtor is going to charge you that much in fees. Even if you are paying both sides of the transaction. It's 2007, most of the markets are a buyers market. Fraud is a big factor in our market today. And qualifing a buyer and dealing with lenders is a major headache. Paperwork is tough and disclosures are a concern for sellers. Buyers representation is free. Only 13% of buyers are doing it alone. The other 85% are with agents. If you don't pay a realtor, they won't bring you a buyer. (would you show up to work for no pay?) Even if you are willing to pay them 2-2 1/2 % they don't want to deal with YOU as a FSBO. There are too many of your neighbors on the market with a realtor and you will only notice everything selling around you and time is also money. Why you are out there with your house sitting on the market forever, and you are paying real estate mortgage payments every month, your net to the bottom line is dwindling. Someone needs to tell you how it is. Some people won't listen. That's human. Don't be that person.Doing a for sale by owner in Grant, AL?
I would say go to Yahoo type in ';for sale by owner Alabama '; and see what pops up. I clicked on the first find, put in Grant, Al and about 25 houses came up within a 25 mile radius of Grant.





Good luck...

No comments:

Post a Comment